Did you know that more than 3.7 million people in the UK wear contact lenses?
The number of wearers has more than doubled in recent years due to the vast improvements in technology. As a result more eye problems are able to be corrected by contact lenses.
We are specialists in contact lenses and we pride ourselves on being able to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Here’s a straightforward guide to the most common types of lens:
• Soft daily disposable lenses. Also known as disposable lenses, these are an economical solution for part-time lens wearers or those who prefer the convenience of not having to clean or wash with solutions.
• Soft daily/weekly/monthly lenses. Some soft contact lenses can be worn overnight but most require cleaning and storing each night. Perfect if you don’t want to use daily disposable lenses.
• Gas permeable lenses. A hard contact lens which shapes the eyeball, thus correcting astigmatisms or for very high prescriptions. Gas permeable lenses offer a more comfortable experience than soft lenses in some instances and the improved flow of oxygen reduces the issue of dry eyes. Storage and cleaning required.
• Toric lenses. These are also used to correct astigmatisms and are designed to fit the shape of the eye. Disposable weekly or fortnightly lenses are available so cleaning is needed.
• Multifocal lenses. These lenses act in the same way as varifocal or bifocal glasses. Once again weekly and fortnightly types are available which will determine the amount of cleaning required.
Once the correct lens has been selected, we will ensure that you are happy and confident in applying and removing them and will advise you how to look after them safely.
If you encounter any problems, please come and discuss them with us.
We are here to help.